Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Earth Laughs In Flowers


The Papertrey Green Thumb set is quickly becoming my favorite stamp set (at least for the moment). I just love the variety of stamps that come with this set.

Again, I was inspired by a card I saw on Splitcoaststampers. I just love this layout and will have to use it for some more cards.

I was finally able to get my hands on the Spots and Dots (I think that is the name) embossing folder for the Cuttlebug. I love this folder.

This is the first time that I have done a curved line on my cards. I drew it with a pencil and then cut it out. I'm not sure that I like this method. If anyone uses any tools to do their curved lines, please let me know what you use. I did see a flexible ruler by B0-Bunny in an ad in I believe the last Paper Crafts magazines. Has anyone used this ruler? If you have, let me know what you think. It would make drawing the curves easier but I would still need to cut it out by hand so I'm not sure I would like that part.

I used SU's slit punch to make my scallops at the bottom. For the center of the flowers, I used CTMH's liquid glass and sprinkled a little prisma glitter.

For this card I used:

Stamps: Papertrey's Green Thumb

Paper: CTMH's key lime, sunkiss yellow, hollyhock, white daisy

Inks: CTMH's key lime, spring iris, sunkiss yellow, hollyhock

Ribbon: CTMH's spring iris

3 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

WOW! I love the colors you chose with the Paper Trey! Very pretty!

Kim said...

I just LOVE this card. I may have to CASE it. Just Beautiful!!!

Allison Rankin said...

This is super cute!