Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Papertrey tunnel card and another CTMH Rustic Flowers card




Yesterday I made my first tunnel card and I also used my new Papertrey Green Thumb stamp set for the first time. I am going to have so much fun playing with this set. If you don't already have it, you really should check it out at Papertrey Ink. This is the first set that I have purchased from them and I will definitely purchase more.

I found the pattern for the Tunnel Card on Splitcoaststampers. I really like how the inside turned out, but I am not sure that I really like the front. After I had adhered the white for the inside of the card to the petal cardstock, I had decided that I really didn't like the canvas stamp for the background but I was running out of time for stamping (had to pick by 3 year old up from preschool) so I just left it. Any opinions on what I can do to the front to make it better?

For this card, I used:

Stamps: SU! Canvas and Print Pattern background stamps, Papertrey Ink Green Thumb

Papers: CTMH Petal, Honey, Garden Green and White Daisy

Inks: CTMH Brown Bag, Chocolate, Garden Green, Twilight, Petal and Honey

Ribbon: CTMH Sunflower


I made this Thinking of You card last week. It is very similar to the Mother's Day card that I made.

I didn't have time to finish it the first time I was working on it. I had decided that I was going to mat the oval with crystal blue but when I went back to finish it, I forgot about the mat. Of course, the adhesive that I use is not forgiving and will not allow for things to be moved so I just left it unmatted.

I used the Cuttlebug to emboss the background and used liquid glass and prisma glitter for the flower centers.

For this card I used:

Stamps: CTMH Rustic Flowers

Papers: CTMH White Daisy, Chocolate

Inks: Chocolate, Heavenly Blue, Crystal Blue