Sunday, December 7, 2008

OCC Sketch Challenge

Very rarely do I get to participate in sketch challenges. I keep all my stamping stuff at my sister's house so I don't always have time when I am there to make everything that I want to make. Fortunately, today I had time.

While I was working on my Christmas cards, my sister mentioned my cousin's birthday which is on Tuesday. I knew her birthday was coming up, but I guess it came quicker than I was prepared for. I had every intention of getting her card done so I could get in the mail on time but I guess my card is going to be a day or two late. She lives in Texas so I don't think the card is going to get from Ohio to Texas by Tuesday.

I remembered that OCC was having a sketch challenge so I came up with this card:


And this is the inside:


Stamps: SU! Paris in the Spring, PTI Birthday Basics
Paper: CTMH Stylin' (retired), black, baby pink
Ink: CTMH archival black, baby pink marker
Accessories: Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls, Scallop square Nestie, SU! black grosgrain, CTMH flower, CTMH baby pink brad

At first, I colored the presents in using my PrismaColor pencils but I decided there was too much color going on. So I threw that piece away and just added some color with the baby pink marker. It was so much better and had just enough color.

I was also really pleased with how my flower accent turned out. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted and then this idea came to me. I cut three pieces of the grosgrain ribbon and folded the ends under to the middle on each of them and adhered them. I then used my paper piercer and put a hole in the center of each so I could put the brad through. I think it is a fun accent piece and will have to remember to add it to other cards in different colors.

1 comment:

Curt in Indy said...

This is a terrific card! I love the coloring of the presents, and I can see where too much color would have been distracting. Great job! Best, Curt