Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sympathy Card

Just before I went to get my haircut today, my sister called to tell me that my hairstylist's mother had died (my sister works where the hairstylist's DH works). No one ever called to cancel my appointment so I went to my appointment and the hairstylist was working. There is no way that I would have been able to work after my dad had died.

I already had planned to go to my sister's house afterwards to do some stamping so I just changed my stamping plans and made my hairstylist a sympathy card.

For this card I used:

Stamps: CTMH's Sweet Flowers, Comforting Thoughts

Paper: CTMH's Simple Pleasures, cocoa, bamboo, colonial white

Inks: CTMH's cocoa, bamboo, twilight, desert sand

Ribbon: CTMH's cocoa grosgrain

For the inside of the card, I did reverse masking and sponging:



I am getting myself into the habit of making more than one of the same card when I make a new design so after I completed this card, I made three more. For the last card, I didn't want to cut a new sheet of the B&T paper so I used a different piece of B&T from the Simple Pleasures kit:

1 comment:

Awna said...

sorry to hear about her mom.

great card(s)as always.